Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whatta Man

I've been humming Salt N Pepa for the last hour.  Why?  Tom took the kids on an impromptu playdate.

When I went up to get the kids' clothes out for the day, I heard Tom's alarm clock go off.  I assumed he set it by accident, forgetting that he didn't have to work today.  Nope, he set it on purpose.  While playing poker with his buddies last night, a few of the guys with kids and him decided they would take their broods to a local play zone.  I did a bump-shaking dance of joy but then offered to keep Madam home with me since she can be, well, volatile in noisy, crowded places.  Nope, he insisted on taking her so I could have a real break.  Have I ever loved him more?  Maybe but I kind of doubt it.  Thank you, my love, for this gift of quiet time to myself.  I will have very little when Sheemee makes her grand arrival so I am savoring every moment.

I was already thrilled with him even before the playdate because I came downstairs to $100 on the kitchen counter, winnings from last night's poker game.  Scooping up the dollaz, I felt like a high priced prostitute and I was loving it!  Did somebody say 60% off sale at Gymboree and a solo lunch at PF Changs?  Booyah!!!

Whatta man, whatta man, whatta man, what a might good man...he's a mighty, mighty good man...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

He's definitely "Salt-N-Pepa "-worthy! WTG, Tom!

Karen the Californian said...

Does he give lessons to other husbands?