The article's last sentence made me laugh because it is pretty much the exact opposite of the assumption I make regarding my children. Anything can happen, horrible random stuff out of one's control, so why take any chances with what can be prevented? It boggles my mind.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Interesting Article on Vaccinating from WebMD
A few weeks ago, I went off on an episode of Private Practice in which a mother watched her child die because she refused to vaccinate him against measles. The topic has stayed fresh in my mind and so I was quick to read this article on the importance of childhood vaccinations which I received in a WebMD email. I am a rational person who tries to see both sides of an argument but I don't understand vaccine opponents. Protecting your children in whatever way you can seems like a no-brainer to me while purposely exposing them to a disease -- A DISEASE -- seems criminally stupid. I don't even take the kids to people's houses when I know someone there has a cold. Sure, a head cold won't kill them but it will make them (and me) miserable if they are sick so why suffer needlessly?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment