So much to do, so little time alone in the house. I decided to tackle the trees while The Tobin Trio were out of the house, figuring it would be less traumatic for the kids to see their beloved Christmas symbols already down rather than dismantled in front of their eyes. The little tree was easy to do myself; the big tree required some standing on a chair to reach the top ornaments. Don't tell my mom, k? All the ornaments are off and packed away in the garage along with the little tree. Now I need to de-fluff the branches on the big tree. Last year, I dragged that bitch out to the garage myself but I'm not going to attempt that feat of strength in my current condition. Sheemee has been giving me some swift kicks, perhaps reminding me that doing something stupid with my own safety also jeopardizes hers. Point taken, tiny wise one.
Not sure when they will be home but I'm thinking I should be hiding under the covers as soon as I hear the key turning in the lock. Frick and Frack are going to FREAK when the tree pillaging is discovered. Sorry, kiddos, nothing lasts forever. That is one of life's many lessons we learn the hard way.
No comments:
Post a Comment