I still don't understand why she estimates my due date 2 days later than every website in the world. Not that 2 days is a huge difference in the grand scheme of things but it makes the difference between having the baby on a Tuesday versus Friday, putting me that much closer to 40 weeks and going into labor. Call me crazy but I really don't want uterine rupture and a hysterectomy at 36 to be the final chapter in my reproductive history. She went to the calendar and semi-impatiently explained how she figures out the date based on my last menstrual period but swear to God, she was using a 2009 calendar. My last period was in 2008. I don't even think she was in the right month because she keeps talking about Wednesday; my LMP was on a Monday. I ran it by Nurse Friend (NF) and she said if LMP was on a Monday, my due date should be as well. I swear, NF should bill my insurance b/c she is my primary care giver this pregnancy. I owe her a fruit basket or many bottles of wine when this whole ordeal is over. So, long story short, I should be able to have my baby on Tuesday 2/24 but I'm stuck with Friday afternoon 2/27 instead. I'll be lucky if I'm out of recovery and feeling my legs again by 8:00 that night. They'll be sending me home by 11:00 a.m. Monday morning. How is that enough time to recover from major surgery? My milk probably won't even be in by then so forget getting help from the hospital lactation consultants. Honest to God, I just shake my head and hope for the best while expecting the worst.
Next appt in 2 weeks when I'll have an internal and an ultrasound to gauge Sheemee's size since I'm still measuring ahead. I said why bother; isn't it a moot point since I'm having a section anyway? She said they just like to know. Whatever. So we'll do an expensive ultrasound when the end result won't impact how or when I deliver but she wouldn't let me do the 24 hour urine test for peace of mind. That's just awesome. Honestly, if I said out loud the things I think in my head, she and I probably would have ended up in a fist fight.
1 comment:
Sounds frustrating. How do you not lose your patience? I surely would have by now.
When I was pregnant with Jonathan I had two different midwives in the same practice give me two different dates. When I asked my regular midwife about it, she explained to me that some of the wheels don't account for leap year or something like that.
I do wonder if they'll do a growth u/s if I were to ever have another one given Jonathan's size (and them all believing he'd be smaller than the girls).
I hope you can get the GD stuff figured out.
Post a Comment