Friday, January 23, 2009

True Confessions

  • I love Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold" which embarrasses me more than just about any other shameful secret I have.
  • In preparation for my hospital stay, I have purchased 3 paperbacks and a Nintendo DS.  Yes, I'm treating my c-section recovery in hospital as a vacation, minus white sands and fruity beverages.  Not sure how this will gel with the new 24/7 rooming-in policy at the hospital but Sheemee and I will make it work.
  • I haven't opened the DS yet because I feel guilty about spending so much money on myself.  I have no problem dropping a couple hundred on stuff for the kids but more than $25 on myself makes me dizzy and sick.  That is why all purchases spend at least a week in The Closet of Shame while I dither over whether to return the item or find the nerve to open it.
  • I can't remember the last time I scrubbed my kitchen floor.
  • If the hospital doesn't have internet access for patients, my head will explode.
  • I cry in bed every night because I am so tired at the end of the day and the pains won't let me sleep.  Tom snores right through it.
  • Obama has such a strong resemblance to my father in looks and temperament (except for the ears) that my eyes fill up whenever I watch him speak.
  • Although I'm terrified of tearing at my incision scars, I'd be thrilled if I went into labor at 37 weeks and had the baby early with no reprocussions for either of us even though it would totally eff up the carefully laid plans for The Dynamic Duo's child care.
  • The baby's crib still isn't put together.  This is because Tom is lazy and I am still not confident that this pregnancy will end successfully.
  • I toss the many requests for monetary donations that Tom gets in the mail into the recycle bin before he sees them.  Otherwise, my tenderhearted love would give to everyone and soon enough we'd be the ones needing charity.
  • When the baby moves a lot, I worry that she's struggling to free herself from strangling on her cord.  When she doesn't move, I'm convinced she's dead.
  • If you removed all worried thoughts from my head, I'd probably go for an hour at a time without thinking at all.

No comments: