Monday, January 26, 2009

Petite Picasso

Natalie drew the following picture of me yesterday:


She said that's me with my babies in my belly.  When I asked her who was who, she said, (from left to right) "That's crabby Nattie.  That's smiling Sheemee.  That's sleepy Jack."   Her moods have been pretty sunny lately and Jack is rarely sleepy (he hotly insists that he NEVER sleeps) but, please God, let her be right that Sheemee will be a smiling, happy baby!

Jack thinks it's hilarious that he looks like a carrot.  He won't touch one with a ten foot pole but apparently it's a flattering vegetable to represent one's self.  Funny how Sheemee is so much bigger than her siblings, especially considering that she will be my biggest newborn if the OB is right (for once.)

My Mom brings home the scrap paper from work for the kids to use.  It saves money and gets a second use out of the paper before we recycle it.  Bummer that the printing is smack in the middle of her masterpiece.  I don't care, I'm framing it anyway.  I feel EXACTLY how that picture portrays me -- big and round with a whole passel of kids wrestling around on my innards!

Notice the figure at the bottom.  Jack thinks it's a poop.  *sigh*  Toilet humor 24/7 around here -- not awesome.  I didn't ask her who it represents.  I'd rather keep my own theory about that than hear her explanation which most likely WOULD be poop.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That is a GREAT picture! Why did she portray herself as crabby? I do hope for you sake that Shemee comes out a happy baby.

I'll be interested to see how big Baby #3 is, since my 3rd was obviously much larger than either of the girls.

TallGirlsAdventures said...

I think the "poop" is your cat.

Great picture. I'm impressed that Nattie is already drawing representations of people so clearly...we're still on the crazy-scribble-that-represents-people tip here. (Should I be concerned about that?)

Christy said...

Who knows, Jamie? I've learned not to question. ;-)

I wouldn't be concerned, Tori. Jack's art isn't much better than this and he's 5.5. He has no interest in drawing or coloring while she has loved doing it since she was very small.

Sara said...

awww! I love the little drawings! so much so that I have a few rubbermaid tubs full.