Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Greatest Gift to Them -- Each Other

Jack is the King of Imagination.  He woke up this morning, all ready to have a birthday party for Natalie's taggie blanket.  She was thrilled because a.) she loves parties and b.) she loves Taggie.  Jack was urging her to hurry down to the party in the family room but she wanted to go sit at her princess vanity first.

N:  "I'll be right there, Jack.  I need to fix my hair and be more beautiful first."

J:  *exasperated sigh*  "Nad, you don't need to.  You are always beautiful so come on!"

Maybe it doesn't translate well in writing but OMG, he brought tears to my eyes because he really meant it.  I hope they are always each other's best cheerleader.  Watching them together makes me miss my first and best friend all over again but I'm happy to see that our legacy has passed to the next generation.  We had a very special relationship and I hope my kids will have the same tight bond of love, trust, friendship and humor to make the good times better and to make the tough times easier to bear.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

It translates perfectly! That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. I love watching my children together.

Karen the Californian said...

Awwww, that's so sweet! I love it! I wish I could be a fly on the wall where they play.