Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet Relief

My recliner arrived today.  Although Tom and The Madam initially claimed it as their own, it is all mine now.  My lady parts are rejoicing!  I don't know what is going on in there but my very bones ache.  That has been what keeps me from sleeping at night -- laying on my back triggers the sciatica and laying on my side makes my pelvic bones throb, something I didn't know was even possible.  It's gotten so bad that I can't sit on our wooden kitchen chairs and I waddle like an elderly duck.

All is well now.  My keister is cushioned and my swollen ankles are in the air.  I'll probably try to start out in bed each night but no doubt, I'll end up down here in the wee hours.  Hell, I'd sleep on the back deck if it would get me four hours of shuteye in a row.  Pleeeeease let tonight be the night that I get some rest.  Otherwise, I fear for the safety of my loved ones and anyone else who crosses my path.

No comments: