Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Official

The hospital called tonight to finalize my reservation, so to speak.  I'm scheduled to deliver on 2/27 at 1:30 p.m.  If I get wheeled into the OR before 3:00, I'll be shocked but I'm hoping that they will be as on-time as possible because, man, what a long day that will be.  Sucks to have it done so late in the day because I'm basically losing a much-needed day of recovery (I'll be kicked out by 11:00 a.m. on Monday) and I won't get to see my two big kids at all on Friday what with the hours spent in the post-op recovery room before they finally send me to the room where I will finish out my all-too-brief stay.

The nurse who called wanted to confirm that I'm having a tubal ligation.  Hells yes, lady!  She said, "Really, you're going to finish on an odd number?"  Dude, I'm 36, I've been pregnant 4x's, I have a shitty pregnancy health history and this last go-round has pretty much broken my spirit if not my pelvis.  YES, I'm finishing on an odd number.  Me who values symmetry above most things is perfectly fine with my odd number of children.  (Odd numbers look better in portraits anyway.)  Odd number indeed.  Stick a fork in me because this girl is D-O-N-E. 

I can eat up until 3:30 a.m. the night before the surgery.  Anyone want to join me for an apple and string cheese around 2:50 that night?  No?  Thanks for nothing.  ;-)

No comments: