Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Golden Shower

Out of nowhere, our tap water has gone from clear to yellow.  I ran a bath for Natalie last night and it looked like an entire fraternity had peed in the tub.  GROSS.  Made the mistake of washing the white load and some sweaters are potentially ruined by discoloration.  My main concern is whether we were drinking the water and not realizing it b/c our cups are colored.  Oy.  The kids seem fine but I worry about how it could impact Sheemee.  

Our water is regulated municipally so when I woke up and found that the problem hadn't disappeared overnight, I called the Water Quality hotline and they are sending someone out at 2:00.  Please God let this not be a pricey problem.  Our income tax rebate should be coming in the next week or so and this is NOT how I want to spend it.  We skipped showering and toothbrushing this morning.  Tommy Boy ran out and picked up a case of water so I can stay hydrated.  I feel greasy and gross but at least I won't be thirsty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew, that is just nasty! I hope they fix the problem CHEAP!!!

Jamie said...

Yuck! I hope they can fix it and it doesn't cost too much.