When I picked the kids up from lunch bunch today, Ellie was getting ready to leave with her mom. Like most of the little girls at school do, she practically climbed into the infant carrier to see Bonnie. (It so funny how the little girls are baby crazy and the boys don't even notice that Bon is there at all.) After getting her fill of the baby, she grabbed Jack into a bear hug and kissed him full on the lips! It was HILARIOUS. He looked slightly stunned and her mother was mortified. As they walked away with her mother whisper yelling at her, Ellie said, "But, Mom, I'm going to marry him!" Oh, really?
Out in the car, I asked Jack if Ellie was still the girl he planned to marry. With a shrug that was far more nonchalant than a 5 year old should be, he sighed and said, "Maybe. Probably not. She isn't at the top of my list anymore." The boy is playing the field like it's his JOB. He went from heartbroken to heartless in no time flat. Oy vey, how I dread the teen years. DREAD.
1 comment:
Playa, playa! ;)
Post a Comment