Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sometimes It Sucks to Be Right

I received a letter today, saying Jack is not officially registered for Kindergarten because I neglected to provide his birth certificate and copies of utility bills as proof of residence.  I totally knew this would happen!  I even said so to Tom that night after I registered!  

If you remember how the secretary mixed my paperwork into another child's folder when I registered, you can imagine the steam coming out of my ears when I read the letter telling me that I have to bring in all of the stuff THAT I PROVIDED ONCE ALREADY.  Only this time, I have to drag Bonnie along with me and I have to take the stuff to the feeder school that is ours now but won't be next year when the redistricting process is complete rather than taking it to the school Jack will actually attend which is where I went with the original batch.  WHY???  Since I registered at the school he will be attending, the papers the secretary actually managed to maintain are already there, not at the other school.  Anyone want to place a bet on whether the papers will get lost going from one school to the next over the summer and I'll have to take them in a third time when they call me the day before he is due to start?  I really want to call the secretary and tell her that she should look in Jayden Todd's folder where she will surely find Jack's paperwork but dollars to donuts, she'd say it wasn't there and shred the evidence of her incompetence.  Stupid people can be smart about covering their tracks.

Jack isn't even attending this school yet and I'm already fed up with the staff there.  I get to go through the whole process all over again next year with Natalie.  Give me strength, Lord!

No comments: