Sunday, April 5, 2009

The End of An Era

Queen B and I will be heading to my six week post-partum check-up tomorrow, bright and early.  I can't remember what it entails besides getting clearance to disco.  I considered canceling as I feel mostly fine but when I went to the family doctor for my sinus infection last weekend, he was concerned about my blood pressure so I kept the appointment and will have my BP checked tomorrow rather than going back to him as he requested.  Dragging a baby around, I'm all about multi-tasking these days.

This appointment is the last one I'll ever have for obstetrical reasons.  That feels kind of crazy and monumental but it's true --  Motel Mom has been shut down and the area rezoned as a non-residential area.  I do wonder how we can be sure that my tubes are well and truly tied.  I guess I'll know they weren't if I end up as one of those crazy ladies who thinks she has to go to the bathroom and ends up dropping a newborn into the toilet.  God.  FORBID.

No comments: