We had a nice day at the playground. The kids took no notice of the fact that I was no longer grumbly. They also didn't seem to mind that I've been hugging them even tighter than usual, as if by the intensity of my love I can keep them safe today and always. If only I could...
Friday, April 17, 2009
Perspective
It's a beautiful day here, not that I noticed while waiting at the Wendy's drive-thru. Instead, I was busy being annoyed at the bank idiot (I called to find out whether the new branch has a drive up ATM and was told they do. Got there to find out that they don't. ANNOYING.) On top of that and worrying about being late for a playdate, I've been stressing all week about Bon's Christening which is another post entirely. So, yeah, our first truly warm and sunny day found storm clouds hovering over my head as I waited to pick up my Jr. burger. Then I glanced out the window and saw a family walking to the Saladworks next door. Mom, Dad and a little girl heading in to get lunch. A perfectly ordinary scene except for the child's bald head. Chemo, I'm assuming. Seeing her stopped me in my cranky, miserable, taking-everything-for-granted tracks. I closed my eyes and mentally apologized to the universe for my petty gripes, thanked the heavens for my healthy children and hoped with all my might that the worst is over for that family, that she will be okay and someday her shiny white head will seem like a nightmare they can hardly remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment