Our girl is now 9 weeks old and had her 2-month check-up today. 13lbs 2oz puts her in the 95th percentile for weight and at 24+ inches tall, she's over the 95th percentile for height. Her head is in the 80th percentile (and it will stay way up there if her McGowan genes dominate!) So she's big but very well proportioned. Dr. G. was thrilled with her growth and overall health and Bonnie was thrilled to hear that she's going to be getting more food as I've been underfeeding her a bit. It's funny, when Jack suggested the name "Bonnie", I liked it because it sounds like the name of a big, happy girl with a sunny smile who loves life. So far, Queen B is totally living up to the "big" part of my vision and she is a sweetheart to boot.
4 shots and 1 oral vaccine later, she isn't very happy with anything but that is understandable. Hopefully, she won't have a strong reaction to the meds beyond fussiness and normal discomfort. We get to do it all again in 2 months.
Bonnie is such a good, easy baby. Here is our placid little love yesterday:
She seemed shocked by the sudden heat wave -- kept looking at me like, "Why are we sticking to each other???" -- but didn't complain even though I took her to a very hot, very crowded house party. I hope she always handles life's curveballs with such a calm attitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment