Monday, April 6, 2009

Under Pressure

When I went to the OB's office today, my blood pressure was 140/71.  Carla, the physician assistant who handled my appointment, was not happy about that.  I told her that my general practitioner wants to see me next week to check my BP again after it was high (something over 90) last weekend.  She said I absolutely need to do that and that she thinks they will put me on a low dose of BP medicine.  I would like to avoid medicating the problem if at all possible.  Now that the baby has been born and I'm cleared for light exercise, I'm ready to drop mad amounts of weight which will help my overall health including my BP.  We'll see what the doc says.

I told my Mom who, of course, went into panic mode.  "Christy, I don't need to tell you that it would destroy your family if they lost you."  No, you don't need to tell me that.  I've seen how Natalie shatters into a million heartbroken pieces if I leave to go to Target.  I know how she would be if I was gone for good and it kills me to imagine her sorrow and confusion.  I will do whatever I need to do to stay healthy for my children.  I want to help Natalie pick out her prom dress, hold Bonnie's babies and dance with Jack at his wedding to name a few of the countless precious moments in a mother's life.  Buh-bye, carbs; hello, cardio.   It's time to get my groove back and transform into the Christy I used to be.  An uphill battle?  Lord yes but one worth fighting.

1 comment:

Bethann said...

I'm tearing up here.. You go girl !! I know you can do it .. if not just for yourself but for your babies and their future. :)