Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Teacher's Pet

We had our conference with Madam's teacher last Friday.  Mrs. B heaped on the praise, saying Nat is one of her favorites.  I know she probably says that to all of the parents but it was still nice to hear.

Natalie went from clinging to me like a barnacle on a boat in early September to loving school so much that she happily stays after for Lunch Bunch.  She has really blossomed in school and I credit the loving warmth and enthusiasm of her teachers with the changes in my shy girl.  I knew she would love school if she would just let herself and they helped her to open herself up to all that school can offer.

Mrs. B said that while Nat is inexplicably cautious about music class, she participates in everything else, always has something interesting to say in their one-on-one sessions (I shudder to think what she shares about home stuff!) and has become quite the little entertainer in her circle of friends.  With regards to pre-Academics, our girl recognizes her colors and shapes (duh, she's 3.5!) as well as letters and numbers, matches and rhymes well and is showing pre-reading skills by spontaneously pointing out things like, "That is a C!  C is for Christy!"  Tom and I are both intelligent people and I guess I always assumed our offspring would be.  It is a relief to learn that so far, my assumption was correct.

Unless there is a staff change over the summer, next year Natalie will be with the teacher Jack had last year in the four year old class.  Mrs. C is awesome and I'm excited for another great experience for Natalie.  I love their preschool so much -- I wish they could stay in that fun, stimulating, positive environment forever!

No comments: