Now I haven't verified the facts but hold up...4 years and 8 months? That really got me thinking. The person who killed my brother was convicted of Murder 3 and got five years in prison, only 4 more months than Chris Brown could get. WHAT?
I'm not saying that CB is facing too much time. No, if he did what they say he did then he deserves that and more. What I don't get is how it is considered almost comparable, based on how close the time served is, to killing someone. I mean, I wish that Jon ended up with a black eye and broken bones. He'd be long healed by now instead of long gone. It just doesn't make sense to me that assault and murder don't have a hugely different sentence. A human life is worth only 4 extra months of punishment? Well, hell, why not just go ahead and kill that person you hate? The time tacked onto your sentence isn't even as long as a whole baseball season!
It has always bothered me that Jon's killer was sent away for less time than it take some people to finish college. That is pointless because 5 years served or 50, Jon would be just as dead when the sentence was completed. I guess it comes down to the fact that no sentence is long enough because it doesn't bring back what was taken. Maybe I'm old school and would feel that justice was served if Hammurabi's Code was still the rule of the land -- an eye for an eye, a brother for a brother. If he felt what I felt, he'd be punished enough. The thing is, though, that I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Not even on him, that's how bad it was to lose Jon and still is. I wouldn't even wish that on him.
Anyway, Chris Brown and Rihanna. Who knows what is true? It's all sad and crazy. Money and fame certainly can't buy happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment