After yesterday afternoon's Longwood debacle, Queen B took a marathon nap from 4-8 p.m. I kept thinking I should wake her but would think of something else to do first -- "I'll wake her after I pack everyone's lunches for tomorrow" led to "after I make dinner" to "after I do the dishes" to "after I get the kids into their PJs" right up until I tucked Jack and Nat into bed and it was late, much later than my little one normally naps. (I say "normally" like she has some kind of routine. Sadly, that couldn't be further from the truth but from my fingertips to God's ears, right?) I woke her up around 8:00 and she devoured a bottle. We spent a somewhat relaxing evening together, watching American Idol and catching up on some DVR'd shows. I say "somewhat relaxing" because it was definitely relaxing when she'd let me sit and we'd cuddle while she stared at my face or the lamp, decidedly less relaxing when I had to stand and sway in front of the TV to keep her from fussing.
She finally passed out around midnight. I thought for sure that she'd sleep until dawn. Silly Mommy. She was up and roaring for me at 3:45 and stayed awake until right before 6:00 a.m., alternately cuddling and fussing after she sucked the bottle dry in 10 minutes flat. (Yes, I'm formula-feeding. If you forgot to leave your judgements at the door, please head back there and deposit them in the recycling can earmarked for them. Thanks kindly.) Why on earth was she up so long when normally she eats and goes back to sleep within 20 minutes? Who knows; I certainly don't. It wasn't gas, seemed like garden variety orneriness to me. Not good, not good at all.
I was a zombie this morning when the kids jumped into our bed. I hustled them into their clothes while Bonnie fussed in her crib. As soon as they were out the door with Daddy, Natalie protesting loudly that school is "boring" (how does a 3 year old know that word???) and she didn't want to go, I fed my little Bon Bon, got a man burp out of her, swaddled her tighter than an 18th century Chinese girl's bound feet and we both went back to dreamland. It's been 3 hours and she is starting to stir now. I'm only up because the phone rang; kids aren't due home for an hour.
Will this morning's long nap throw her off for tonight? Perhaps. All I know is that I had to get some sleep or I would have been a crazy person. I'm going out to a late dinner with a friend tonight so Daddy will be on solo duty. Good luck with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment