Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Some Ideas Are Only Good in Theory

Know what gets more attention than a hot blonde with big boobs sashaying through a men's prison? Two screeching children in a botanical garden. Found that out the hard way this afternoon.

I was foolish enough to think a trip to Longwood Gardens would be just as fun and easy with the baby joining us as it was in the old days when The Dynamic Duo and I spent many a happy hour there. Oh, how wrong I was. Queen B proved to be no lover of the outdoors (like her mother) as she loudly protested from under her snuggly cover in the stroller. When her volume and pitch reached air raid siren levels, I had to take her out and carry her the rest of the way. Picture me dragging the double stroller up a hill with a screaming Bonnie under one arm like a football while Natalie, not to be out-Madamed by anyone, sits on the back of the stroller wailing about how exhausted she was. Poor Jack, attempting to help by pushing the coach from behind, added about 52 lbs to what I was pulling as I dragged his weight up the hill with the stroller. He looked shellshocked as he realized the downside of not one but TWO miserable sisters. I'm with you on that one, boyfriend!  

All I wanted was a lovely picture of my three beautiful children in our favorite place. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

Note to self: When the doctor says not to exercise for 6 weeks after a c-section, you should really follow that rule, dumbass. Oooooh, my aching abdomen!!!


No comments: