Monday, March 16, 2009
Bleeding Her Dry
Queen B was getting heel pricks every 3 hours for the first few days of her life as the hospital staff monitored her sugar levels. It took her days to stop flinching when someone would touch her foot, my traumatized little sweetie. I had to take her back to the hospital this morning for yet another heel stick as Dorkaware requires newborns to have genetic testing done in the hospital AND again 7 to 28 days after birth. Seems like overkill but what do I know? I filed it under "better safe than sorry" and took her for the test. (Would they have sent the police after me if I didn't? Unlikely but it made me wonder.) She didn't find it comforting when I explained that she has a long road of doing things that suck for her own good ahead of her. The gauze pad they put on after the test is almost as big as her foot. Poor girl, her feet have endured more in 3 weeks than mine have in 36 years! Not a good start in life for a Pisces as we are ruled by our feet. Hopefully, hers will be left alone now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww, poor Bonnie. My Jack had to have the heal pricks in the hospital too - testing blood sugar levels because of his size.
The first night home, we gave him a bath (if you can call that torture a bath, lol) and his heal started bleeding again. And again the next day.
Poor babies!
And really, I do know how to spell "heel". It's just one of those days.
Post a Comment