My Mom was here all week. She was amazingly helpful and supportive, taking the baby off my hands so I could nap, tending to the biggies, cleaning windows, driving us around, making dinner...basically doing everything I will be doing myself from here on out. With her as my co-captain, I felt like being the mother of three was a piece of cake. Now she is gone and I'm a crying mess. Can I really handle all of this on my own?
This must be how Natalie felt when I left her at preschool on her first day -- panicky, scared and abandoned. I know I'll be fine and adjust quickly. It was really nice to have her here, mothering me while I mothered my own brood.
2 comments:
DON'T PANIC. You are a strong smart woman. You can handle it if I can. :) That was nice of your mom.. I had my husband for a few days and that was it. Hahaha..
Don't freak out.. and let the important stuff slide.. it will eventually get done and you won't get these days back. So enjoy them even if the house is a bit dusty.
This is for you. :)
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow
For children grow up, as I’ve learned, to my sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep
Can I borrow your mom in, oh, late October?
And PLEASE remember you've got friends who live three doors down!I can at least take the Biggies out to play so you can have some down time. I'll call next time we go to the playground -- mine would love the company of your munchkins, and I bet you could use some quiet time with Miss Bon.
Post a Comment