ANYWAY...post-surgery, I was restricted from driving for 2 weeks or until I could "slam a foot down on the floor without it hurting." Technically, I got back behind the wheel on Friday when something came up with Tom at work and I went to pick up the kids instead of him. I had Bonnie with me, though, and wasn't sure how my incision would feel with the braking et al so I was like Morgan Freeman driving Miss Daisy's infantile counterpart that day. Tonight, though, I was on my own and getting the lead out. There is something so incredibly awesome about driving down the road with the radio blaring. It makes me feel young, carefree, happy. Sometimes I open the moonroof and it's like my troubles blow right out (temporarily.) The pinnacle of this evening's drive was when Earth Wind and Fire's "September" came on the radio. Great song no matter when or how you hear it but as anyone knows, songs always sound better when they spontaneously come on the radio versus when you are listening to a mix you burned. So I caught the song from the beginning and I JAMMED -- singing, sit-down dancing, hands thumping the steering wheel, not caring who was watching. Good, good times. Until the end when I cried, that is. I never know what the hell they are singing at the end but tonight it sounded like "Bonnie-onnie-onnie-oh" and it made me think of my sweet girl who I love so much that it makes my chest constrict and the tears came as they so often do these days. (We won't even talk about how I cried in The Gap earlier b/c they were so nice to me.)
Now I'm home, refreshed from my hour out on the road alone and ready for whatever the night holds. Probably a lot of worrying about tomorrow's MRI so I'm going to try to hold onto my happy driving vibe for as long as I can. Rock on.
No comments:
Post a Comment