Tuesday, March 17, 2009

LIfe's Bitterest Irony

It really is unfair that the way a baby is most comfortable sleeping -- on her tummy -- is potentially deadly.  I've read all of the information on SIDS so there is no way I will put The Girl 2.0 to sleep on her stomach but damn, if only I could!  Of course she wants to sleep on me rather than in her crib -- when she lays on me, she's all curled up on her belly with me as a soft, squishy heating pad to keep her cuddled, cozy and warm.  In her crib, she's flat on her back on a cold, hard mattress.  Who wants to sleep like that?  She's young but she's wise enough to know what is comfortable and what is not.

I swaddled her and put her in her baby rocker thingy with the vibration going.  I'm hoping she'll be happy there so I can grab a few hours of sleep before her next feeding.  I can't be all tired and strung-out for The Biggies tomorrow.  That just isn't fair to them.  Cross your fingers that the sleep fairy blesses Queen B and me!

No comments: