Saturday, February 7, 2009

Does He Really Want to Push Me?

You may remember the howling dog who haunted my summer.  Well, the little bag of shit was at it again today, waking me up from a much-needed nap even though MY WINDOWS WERE CLOSED.  That's how noisy this damn dog is.  Now it's no secret that I hate dogs so I was instantly annoyed when the barking disturbed my sleep.  Tried to get back to dreamland -- no dice.  After 20 minutes, I thought I was going to have a rage-induced stroke.  The dog ower is a member of the neighborhood book club (the one hosting the sex toy party in a few weeks -- I have a few ideas of where she should shove one of the dildos) and I remembered that I had her phone number on the group contact list.  Rather than steaming any longer, I decided to call her.  No answer so I left a message asking her to bring in the dog since he'd been barking for a while, that I'm close to delivery and need my sleep and I'd appreciate if she'd quiet him down.  I was nice, polite, much more civil than I was actually feeling.  Within 10 minutes, the barking had stopped.

We went up to Bucks County to have dinner with my cousins tonight.  When we got home, we had a screaming voicemail from book club bitch's husband, calling me names, saying the dog can bark whenever he wants for as long as he wants, how dare I complain when it's the middle of the day, who cares about me and my pregnancy, blah blah blah.  It was NASTY, so much so that Tom, who is a peaceful soul if ever there was one, was ready to call him back or head right over there.  THAT I did not want to happen.  I'm dropping it.  For now.  But Boyfriend really doesn't want to tangle with me on this one.  He thinks the dog can bark whenever it wants?  I disagree and so does New Castle County as I just found online:

d.   Animals.  Owning, possessing, harboring or controlling any animal or bird which causes a noise disturbance by barking, baying, crying, squawking or by making any other noise continuously or incessantly for a period of ten (10) minutes or which makes such noises intermittently for one-half ( 1/2) hour or more; provided, however, that at the time the animal or bird is making such noise no person is trespassing or threatening to trespass upon private property in or upon which the animal or bird is situated or that no person other than the owner, controller or possessor of the animal was teasing or provoking the animal or bird at the time it made such noise.

3.   Noise Disturbance and Animal Noise Penalties. Any person convicted of a violation of subsection B.1., B.2.d. or subsection E. of this Section, which shall be classified a misdemeanor, shall pay a fine for each offense as follows:

a.   A fine of not less than two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) for the first offense, and a fine of not less than five hundred dollars ($500.00) nor more than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) for the second offense, and a fine of not less than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) nor more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) for each subsequent offense.
b.   Each day any violation of such subsection shall continue shall constitute a separate offense for which a separate conviction may be obtained and a separate penalty for each day shall be imposed.
c.   Any summons issued for any violation of subsection (B)(2)(d) of this Section may provide that in lieu of appearing in court, the offender may remit a voluntary assessment of up to two hundred dollars ($200.00) for each offense. The summons may provide that each day any violation shall continue shall constitute a separate offense.

Notice that it makes no mention of the barking being a violation only at certain times of day so they better muzzle the hound if they plan on leaving him out when he wants to be in.  Boyfriend should really know his facts before he goes around screaming at people.

Don't think I won't call either.  I hate confrontation but this dude riled up the wrong girl.  I asked NICELY and it was a reasonable request.  I won't be so nice next time.

No comments: