They went right from the Ped's office to the urgent care center for an x-ray. Dr. G should have the results tomorrow or Tuesday. In the meantime, we need him to drink lots of fluids to flush out the virus and he won't be able to visit me in the hospital for fear of infecting the baby. Nattie's nose is running like a faucet so she won't be coming either. Why did I ever say out loud that we have had a healthy winter??? Total jinx and totally my fault.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
An Apple a Day
didn't keep the doctor away after all. Tom found a hard lump on Jack's arm, right above his bicep, a few days ago. It hurts when squeezed but not when merely touched. Tom was worried but I wasn't that concerned. Then The Boy came down with a high fever last night so I was thinking abscess, MRSA infection, you name it and it crossed my mind. Tom took him to the Ped this morning (they initially refused to see him but reluctantly agreed when we told them I'm delivering tomorrow). The nurse practitioner looked down his throat and said that he has the virus that is going around and that her first impression of the arm is a bone cyst. I have no idea what that is and I'm afraid to look it up. Usually, when I hear "cyst" the word that automatically follows in my mind is "benign" and I'm struggling to hold that thought with regard to my sweet boy. Jack is so happy he didn't have to get a needle or blood test. Let's hope that remains true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment