Saturday, February 7, 2009

Haircuts

Jack has crazy hair.  This is no secret.  It's even been pointed out to me by online friends (MELISSA!) who chide me for not combing it.  Trust me, it's not combable.  It's thick, bushy, grows straight forward and is full of cowlicks, made worse by crap haircuts from Super Cuts.  I finally bit the bullet and took him to my stylist for a "real" haircut.  She had to chop it really short to undo the damage wrought by Super Cuts but it will grow in much more even and not so wild so I'm happy with that.  What I'm not happy with is that it's added at least 5 years to him!  He is ecstatic when I say he looks like a 10 year old.  Thinks it's hysterical that Tom wanted to know why I left Jack at the salon and brought home a 12 year old.  Kids are always in such a hurry to grow up, only realizing what a mistake that is when they are grown.

Before:

After:


Madam got hers cut as well but she hasn't been in a picture-taking kind of mood.  It's not as short as I would like but she didn't want it cut at all, worrying that her "princess hair" would be jeopardized.  Princess hair is her hairstyle of choice these days and consists of a bun on top of her head, wrapped in a frilly scrunchy, btw.  I wouldn't mind if she had long hair if it was thicker but it's not.  It's too thin to be long and I hate little girls with long, thin, straggly hair.  They always look like orphans.  So, we took off a couple of inches and while it still looks a little long and thin to me, at least it's not so straggly.  Hopefully, she'll be over the princess hair next time we go to the stylist so that I can get her a shorter bob which will reactivate her curls.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

He really does look older! I can't believe it.

When Lexi has long hair it's exactly the way you describe, plus it hangs her face. So it's either cut into a bob (so cute on her) or it's pulled back. But I am LMAO at "princess hair."

When Ms. Nattie will sit for a picture, I'd love to see her haircut. Her and Lexi must be secretly communicating again because she doesn't want her picture taken either.

Maria said...

He does look older! He's so damn handsome.

Melissa said...

WOOHOO!! Y'all see my shout out?? You know I was kidding about that. I love his haircut. It does make him look older. He is such a handsome dude.