Friday, February 20, 2009

Pint-Sized Consumerism

We discovered the Qubo network recently.  It is kids' programming 24/7, interspersed with cheesy commercials for products like The Big City Slider Station which Jack is convinced he will die without even though he doesn't eat burgers.  He wants to order everything we see on this channel ("MOM!!!  We really need The Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan for Sheemee!!!") which is why I HATE the channel.

Here is a conversation from earlier today inspired by an advertisement:

J:  Mom!  Come quick!  You have to see this special offer!

C:  What is it, babe?  I'm in the middle of getting dinner together.

J:  It's for aqua globes!  We really need them!

C:  Honey, we don't have any plants, remember?  Flo eats them and then throws up all over the place.

J:  We could get some, right?  We could put them on top of the shelf.

C:  Yeeeeeah, but they wouldn't get enough light up there and plants need light to grow.

J:  Well, we can get the closet savers to hang the plants!  Or the stick-on lights to give the plants lights!  Or...

C:  *groan*

Oh how I miss the Noggin channel!

2 comments:

Sara said...

lmao, Cameron thinks he needs those big city sliders too!!!

Bethann said...

I'm LMAO because everytime that darn commercial comes on Aedan wants me to get them..

Directly after that commercial was the special hangars that you release and turn 5 into just one.. LOL..