Sunday, February 8, 2009
Rude Awakening
It's 5:11 a.m. and I'm wide awake, heart pounding. What woke me? Not the damn neighbor dog or my sore pelvis, for once. No, instead I woke to the screech of our security system, pounding footsteps and a small body crashing into bed next to me. Seems Mr. Jack, in one of his trance walks, took down the baby gate (which we put up at the top of the steps every night to keep the kids from going down and setting off the alarm's motion sensor) and he went sleepwalking downstairs. Poor guy was terrified. We got the alarm off and dealt with the security company's call then turned to him, shivering under our covers. When Tom asked him what he needed to get from downstairs, he said, "A hug from Mommy." So, I gave him several and tucked him into my side of the bed. The boys can have a sleepover. Once my pulse rate goes back to normal, I'll take his bed for the rest of the night. Madam will be thrilled to wake up in the morning and find me there. First, though, I need to go online and look for a preschooler-proof baby gate because this is no way to start the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment