Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spa Day with the Works

I must really look like crap.  The Madam came down from the playroom with her bin of beauty supplies and announced that she was ready to "fix" me.  She sat me in the recliner, introduced herself as Marian (my hair stylist who also cuts her hair) and went to work on me.  It started with a full face of make-up -- invisible b/c it's all fake stuff, thank goodness, or I'd be giving Bozo the Clown a run for his money -- which she applied with surprising expertise.  I haven't worn make-up since I left the working world so she didn't learn how to apply cosmetics from me.  Must be an innate skill that comes with the double XX chromosomes.

Once she did her best with my face, she filed and painted my nails then put perfume all over me.  Again, thank goodness we're talking PRETEND product or the cloying stench would be unbearable.  She left my hair for last, combing it with 4 different brushes and putting in several barrettes with hearts "for Balentime's Day even though it's over."  The finishing touch was fushia drop earrings.  (Clip ons HURT!)

After she completed her masterpiece, she stood back, assessed me critically and pronounced me "extra beautiful."  Her proud smile made me feel like I was.  I'm always up for a sword fight or playing race cars with Jack but little girly girl games are my favorite!!!  Nat loves all the games Jack does but she understands the value of looking your best while skewering an enemy and that's why girls rule and boys drool.  ;-)

Here she is after she fancied herself up:

No comments: