Friday, February 13, 2009

Dental Doings

The kids went to the pediatric dentist for their winter check-up yesterday.  To my surprise, Dr. M didn't pull the tenacious baby tooth that insists on remaining in Jack's mouth even though the adult tooth is fully grown in behind it.  She thinks it will fall out within a few weeks.  It's been well over a month since the Great Adult Tooth Eruption of 2008 and Tom and I have grown concerned about the impact on Jack's alignment but hey, she's the professional so we'll go with what she says.  For now.  She said that his two top front teeth are starting to loosen but it could take up to a year for them to fall out.  He will look so cute with a gap there.

Madam had her worst appointment EVER.  If you'd been in the waiting room while she was having her teeth counted and cleaned, you would have thought the dentist was pulling a Marathon Man on The Girl.  Tom held her down because he and the hygienist thought it would be "safer" for the baby.  Perhaps but it wasn't better for me.  Standing by while my child screams for me is the worst.  I thought I was going to throw up.  It's not like the exam was hurting her; she was just being a buster but still, it was horrible.  Poor girl was all red and splotchy when it was over as was I, no doubt.

No cavities, thank goodness.  Both kids got stickers and Natalie decided to give hers to Sheemee.


Yes, I walked all through the Acme wearing the sticker on my giant belly when we food shopped after the dentist.  Generosity deserves to be lauded and Natalie was thrilled that her baby had her first sticker.

No comments: