Thursday, August 13, 2009

You Know It's Love...

when you make a vomit bowl out of your hands. Instinctively. Because even 75% still asleep, you know that puking is upsetting enough but soiling the Princess pajamas, well, that will send the crying, vomiting 4 year old right over the edge.

That's right. A vomit bowl. Made out of my cupped hands. At 5:24 a.m. A time I would normally roll back over and risk wetting the bed rather than getting out from under my cozy, warm covers to tinkle.

The puke was basically water so at least I didn't get, you know, CHUNKS under my nails. But still. Vomit bowl. My hands.

I really hope Natalie remembers my sacrifice when I am very old and in danger of wetting the bed all of the time.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Uuggh, vomit bowl!! The imagery! I've never had to make one of those, but I did accidentally run my hand through a head full of vomit during a middle of the night sick check on the kids. And I thought that was gross...

Hope Nat's feeling better soon.