I just did a cursory search online for a pair. $34??? I think not. I mean, it's not like he'll wear them much (she says with hope, resigned to the opposite being true.) But still, even if he wears them, like, everyday...$34? That's nutty since he doesn't actually need them to wear in the cornfields (although I might consider buying him several pairs if I could trust him to handle the gigantic weed patch out front.) So, yeah, he can't wear them everyday anyway since Kindergarten starts in a few weeks and there is a dress code in place. (Thank you, sweet Baby Jesus, for the dress code which will prevent morning battles over school vs. farm-appropriate wear AND the bullying that would no doubt result when the bus kids catch sight of my little Farmer in the Del(aware) hopping on the first day.)
Overalls. Do I keep putting him off with promises to look online while hoping he'll move on to the next must-have costume in his dramatic play wardrobe or do I bite the bullet and buy the stinking things? His imagination is too much for me. Did I mention the sarcophagus he wants for Christmas? Yeah, laying under the couch cushions to play "Mummy Rising from Its Tomb" just isn't cutting it anymore.
He better thank his mother right after he thanks The Academy when he is on stage at The Kodak Theater years from now. I am his first wardrobe manager, after all.
1 comment:
Goodness, I don't know what's harder to handle in a toilet emergency: belt or overalls? Stupid belt buckle or stupid overalls with their shoulder straps all hanging down into the toilet?
I'm glad for you that the school has a dress code in place. But I really hope they rethink the whole belt thing.
Post a Comment