The kids' birthday party at the fun zone (that's debatable) is tomorrow. I cheaped out and made brownies for when we sing "Happy Birthday" rather than buying an overpriced birthday cake from the supermarket. Whatever, they had real cakes on their actual birthdays and it's not like the kids will want to stop playing to eat anyway.
I should have baked closer to bedtime because, MAN, the smell is KILLING ME.
I will not cut them. I cannot. That would be wrong. It would probably violate 3 different statutes in The Mommy Code.
But maybe...No...Well...
"Mommy, why is there a big square cut out in the middle of the birthday brownies?"
(Duh, because the middle is the best part and the sides are always too crispy. Gross.)
"Oh, okay, uh, yeah, that part was yucky so I cut it out and threw it away. Okay?"
"Mommy, what's that brown stuff around your mouth?"
"Ummm..."
Happy Birthday once again to my Biggies. For you, I take off my shoes in public and immerse myself in the swirling cauldron of communicable diseases otherwise know as B's Family Fun Center. I love you and I hope you have a wonderful, injury-free time tomorrow, sweethearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment