Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Been 28 Looooong Days

Jack is heading out to the hospital to get his cast off and have another x-ray this morning. I keep telling him that if he comes home without the cast, he's going to take a 5 hour bath. He thinks I'm kidding. I'm kind of not. It's been a LONG month of sponge baths. Time for Pigpen to scrub off the grime and lose the dirt cloud that follows him like a shadow.

I'm praying that it stays off so we can salvage the summer with some fun in his final week before kindergarten. Plus, his moonbounce birthday party is Friday, the latest possible day I could schedule it before school starts. I better call Tom and tell him to fight really hard for the soft boot if the doc says his foot isn't ready to go naked. I'd rather risk re-injury than have to keep The Boy away from the fun because it's his party and, oh yeah, he'll cry (and beg and scream and pout) if he wants to.

Fingers crossed, people!!!

No comments: