Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ask a Silly Question

Jack, requesting a snack for the 1,472nd time today: "Now, Mom? Can you get it now???"

Me, rushing to empty the dishwasher while Queen B is content on her playmat: "JACK! Can you cut me a break for a minute? I need to get this done before your sister starts yelling!!!"

J: "Sorry, Mom, I can't. You know I'm not allowed to uses knives or scissors."

Okay, wait, what? Is he being literal or is he fucking with me? Seriously? He skipped over The Terrible Twos but it looks like we won't be bypassing The Sarcastic Sevens. I believe they have come early to Tobinville. In spades. Awesome.

Can't use knives or scissors indeed. Why I oughta...

1 comment:

Bethann said...

LOL... Seems Aedan is in the same place.. :) He'll have a retort and Jim and I will just look at each dumbfounded.. and then I say "well he has a point"