I do, however, have a teensy weensy complaint to add to the props I'm giving you. The Infant Tylenol lid...what is UP with that?
I mean, don't get me wrong, the dosage dropper is pretty awesome. Much easier than trying to get a spoon or a cupful of liquid meds into my squirming, screeching baby. (I also love that you now produce it in a dye-free formula. Bon's wardrobe and I think you rock!) I have to ask though, what is with the dropper being part of the lid?!?
Seriously, you give Tylenol to a kid who is at best potentially germy and at worst, really stinking sick. So what's up with a lid that involves putting the germified dropper back into the medicine? Maybe I'm just not as awesome as I think I am but I have yet to give any of my babies your medicine without having to stick the dropper into their little mouths, thereby totally contaminating the dropper. After it's been in the bacteria-infested cavern of their mouths, WTF am I supposed to do with it? Stick it back into the bottle? Give it a quick rinse and hope for the best? Run it through the dishwasher and leave the open container on the counter, begging to be spilled? Consider it a one-time use product and toss it?
That bottle had to be designed by a man. A childless one. I'm just saying.
Mylicon drops, also made by you in partnership with another pharma, solved the problem. (Although they don't solve the larger gas problem as promised, at least in the case of Her Flatulence, Queen B.) Mylicon includes a built-in dropper to use as a lid if you so choose as well as a plain old cap to use when you are washing the dropper. Genius!
Obviously designed by a mother. I'm just saying.
Are there some kind of trademark constraints or proprietary issues restricting you from using that design? Or are you just cheaping out? Because, seriously, I'd pay like $1 more for the 2 lid system. For reals.
Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Maybe more like a nickel. Whatever. Gotta go wash the damn dropper before someone spills it someplace hard to wipe clean. Isn't that always the way?
Much love and smooches,
CMT
2 comments:
OK.. I'd tell my Mom to put your complaints in(she works at McNeil) but her last day due to layoffs is tomorrow.. LOL
I always wondered about the germ back in the bottle stuff.. but was a little complacent since I have only had 1 child at a time using the infants drops. :)
the Meltaways for ages 2-6 are AWESOME ! which reminds me.. I need my Mom to hit the store before she packs up her stuff so I can get the discount. :)
You know, I never liked using droppers. I always ask for a syringe, and the pharmacist usually has one. That way I can pull up exactly the amount that I need, re-cap, medicate, and then take the syringe apart and give it a good washing. The last time Eliz had a cough I realized it's a lot easier to dry the syringe after washing if I leave it apart, standing in a clean plastic cup. (And have two of them.)
Post a Comment