Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Still on House Arrest

Although Jack's foot is "healing nicely," the doctor decided that another two weeks with the cast on will be the best course of action to ensure that the bone is as strong and healed as possible. Awesome. 14 more days of hanging out in the house. All day. Every day. All 4 of us. No playing in the yard. No splashing in the pool. No field trips. Lots of TV. And board games. And video games. And eating. Egads.

I did this for 9 months after Jack was born. It was a lot easier to handle being forcibly housebound when the pediatrician told me that my brand new baby, all tiny and premature, could, like, DIE if he was out in public and caught a cold. I thought he was kidding. Exaggerating to prove a point. He wasn't. That pretty much killed my wanderlust (and had a lot to do with why I am overly cautious mother that I am now, most likely.) Now, though, we're healthy and happy so it's harder to be okay with being TRAPPED in the house. Can't even open the windows and breathe in some fresh air since it's Africa hot out there.

I'm so stir-crazy I could claw out my own eyes. Or eat a whole bag of chocolate chips. (Not many treats left in the house since I can't get to the supermarket!)

Jack just hollered in to ask what our plan is for today. Ummm, remember yesterday? And last week? And the week before that? Yeah, more of the same. Awesome.

The next time someone tells me how they look forward to the weekend being over so that they can get back to work and away from their kids, I will laugh. WIMPS.

No comments: