It's convenient at this age that The Biggies share a set of friends. Jack's BFF's sister is Nat's BFF, for example, and they both enjoy all of the other friends invited. Makes for an easy combo party. Even more convenient, they get along with all of my friends' kids so that is who we invite and I'm not stuck being the hostess with the mostest to a bunch of strangers. Problem is, I have no idea who is coming. Awesome.
I sent an evite. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Or so I thought. I mean, I HATE when I get an invitation in the mail and all it includes is a phone number for RSVP purposes. I say a decade of the Rosary before dialing, praying that I get the machine and don't have to a.) make small talk for 5 minutes and b.) tell someone voice to voice that the party will suck b/c I ain't comin'.
So yeah, evite. Nobody has to talk to me, just click a button. But many haven't. (Maybe I should have included my phone number? Would they would rather talk to me? Gosh, I feel so special.) So I have no idea who is coming for sure, especially since the few responses I got were to the original party date, not the rescheduled event. Oy.
Why is this a big deal? Well, besides the fact that I am completely anal retentive about knowing things RIGHT NOW, it's a money thing. I signed up for Party B package but if we're only going to have a Party A amount of kids, I need to get on the horn and change up our reservation ASAP. I'm not about spending $$$ that doesn't need to be spent (which I know, I know, that begs the question, "Why are you having this big stupid party in the first place, dumbass?" I don't know, whatever, shut up.)
So what do I do? Pick up the phone (No!) and call people (YUCK!) to ask if they are coming? (Seriously, it might kill me.) Assume that they aren't, drop the # of kids in our reservation and tell the facility staff to turn away anyone who comes after we hit the maximum number of kids allowed at a "small" party? *sigh* Why haven't people responded? Maybe they don't speak French. I mean, I know what "Répondez s'il vous plaît" means but then again, I did take 5 years of French (and can't do much more than translate RSVP or order a grilled cheese. Thanks, Mom and Dad!)
This is it. Last party. I'm standing firm on it. Just like I said I would after last year's party.
No comments:
Post a Comment