We had a genetic counseling meeting (waste of time but interesting in an academic way) followed by the ultrasound this morning. Let me say that I was a nervous wreck about finding something wrong with Shemee followed closely with worrying about the Dynamic Duo doing some damage to one of those expensive machines. Silly me, my sweethearts were angels as always. I brought my small laptop and coloring books which kept them occupied and quiet through the whole long morning. I'm really starting to wonder how much of a child's behavior is its nature and how much is based on planning and preparing for a seige. At any rate, they did me proud once again.
All looked well with the newest member of the gang. She measured 11 ounces, right where she should for her gestational age, and all her parts looked to be intact and placed where they should be. She was boogieing around on the screen, probably trying to escape the the relentless prodding of the ultrasound wand.
Our little Tobin-to-be remains nameless. Jack insists that her name will be Bonnie Anne Shemee Tobin. I'm not so sure. Plenty of time to talk (argue) about her name between now and the afternoon of 2/27/09 when she'll make her grand entrance into this crazy world.
P.S. Flu shots went off with minimal crying. Jack told me that it's because he's 5 now and he has to do what is best. Madam didn't know what hit her so she didn't have much time for a pre-shot cry and I hustled her out of there before she could reach a crescendo afterwards. Now I just have to get Tommy Boy vaccinated and we're good to go.
5 comments:
congratulations!!!! Jack has his work cut out for him now, with 2 little sisters to protect!! :)
Congratulations Woman!!! I'm so excited for you!! And I'm so thrilled the shots went so great!!! ;)
Thanks, buddies! It's Tom I'm worried about, Sara. Two teenaged girls may drive him into a nervous breakdown.
I'm so happy it all went well and Jack is such a lil man....I"ve got to do what is best"...that is precious!! At least Tom does have Jack - my dad, well he lived w/ 3 females...poor dad! :)
Christy...that's awesome...congratulations on another little sweetheart to add to your family...I wish you guys all the best!
Post a Comment