Thursday, October 9, 2008

How am I supposed to sleep now?

Lots of emotions tonight.  Fear and excitement for tomorrow's ultrasound top the list.  Please, please, please let us see a healthy baby with all it's parts intact and where they should be.  An added bonus would be a clear shot of boytown or ladyland.  Or, as Jack was saying all night, "Mom, we might see a PEEEEEEEEENIS!!!"

The Phillies gave me a scare but my faith was rewarded.  Playoff baseball is like nine billion times more exciting than all pre-September games.

Lastly, I'm nervous as hell for the kids' flu shots tomorrow.  They have an 8:40 appointment and we have to be at the hospital for the genetic counseling and u/s at 9:30.  We're cutting it close even without factoring in the kicking and screaming that will occur.  I really hope that since Tom and I will both be there, they will put the kids in separate rooms so one doesn't have to watch the other get stuck and know it's coming for him/her next.  I'll take the girl.  She's fiercer but Jack is so strong now.  I could barely hold him down for his 5 year old shots.  Oy.

Oooooh, I'm never going to sleep tonight!!!

3 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

Good luck today!!! I have to take Eli to get his blood drawn and I keep putting it off...he's gonna freak out on me.

I can't wait to find out what you are having!! :) Blog as soon as you know something!!! I'm thinkin' about ya!

TallGirlsAdventures said...

I'll be thinking of you...call when you get home -- I should be here all day.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you today. I hope the kids do well (they should give them the flu mist rather than a shot) & I hope & pray that lil bean is perfect and you are able to find out the sex!!!!

I can't wait to check back so please keep us posted and let us know how it all went!

Happy Friday to you!!!!!!!