Monday, April 14, 2008

Ugh...

As much as I hate to be around bad kids (and it seems like they outnumber good kids 10:1), it sucks even more when MY kid is the bad one. Jack is in a bossy/whiny/overbearing stage. Life is all his way or the highway these days. It's driving me CRAZY and I'm sure his peers feel the same way. Our neighbor buddies were here earlier and I was mortified by how bossy Jack was while playing with them. He has been singing their praises since they left and all I can think is that his friend was probably thrilled to get the heck out of here and understandably so. How do I explain to a 4 year old that his current attitude is not the best way to make friends or influence people? I don't want to make him think he has to give in and be a doormat to make people like him but, man, The Boy needs to learn to compromise. He can define the word; he just can't put it into practice lately.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I think Jack and Rylan must be clones. Rylan has been acting the SAME way lately. I guess its just a phase. Lord, I hope it is!

Meg said...

We weren't the neighbor friends, were we? 'Cause you-know-who loves him. And I didn't really hear him being bossy. And his big bro is much worse to him. And to me. So I hear you on the frustration. The oldest has been in his room everyday this week for talking back. But your children are very well behaved!