Saturday, April 12, 2008

Six glooooorious years!

I'm typing from the Hotel duPont on my brand new Macbook.  Woohoo!!!  Life is good and to celebrate our sixth anniversary (which is tomorrow), we decided to leave the kidlets at home (under supervision, of course) and have a night to ourselves.  We ate well, we drank well, we blitzed the minibar. (Well, Tom did.  No amount of euphoria could make me lose my head enough to drink a $3 can of coke when I know I could buy an entire 12 pack at Giant for that price.)  We went to Sullivan's for dinner -- filet and lobster tail for Tommy Boy, crab legs for me -- and then he took me to the mall to buy the computer I've been coveting.  Ooooooh, how I can't wait to get home and download my pictures onto it!  Actually, that's an exaggeration.  I absolutely can wait b/c I will be sleeping in tomorrow!!!  Best day ever?  No but it's been a damn good one.  Brunch at 10:00 a.m. in The Green Room tomorrow.  I'm not going to analyze why all my celebrations involve food; why kill my happy buzz?

Happy anniversary to us!  Now I have to go and give my man his full body rub.  I'm feeling very, very grateful right now and not just for my computer.  When it comes to the husband lottery, I hit the jackpot when I married my sweet, handsome, smart, funny, faithful, patient, loving man.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Congratulations to you two! Enjoy your celebration -- you deserve it!

Christy said...

Thanks! I'm wide awake with a caffeine headache from the tea I had with dinner. I feel like such a senior citizen!!!