Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This week's obsessions

1.)  My nails.  They are almost all the same length and long for a change.  Could be the prenatals.  I bought expensive strengthener to keep them going.  No doubt they will be breaking any minute now.

2.)  Neil Diamond.  Fucking love him.  A rock god if ever there was one.  Hearing that he'd be mentoring on American Idol this week reignited my need to hear his songs on a daily basis.  It's like listening to my childhood.  Too bad those AI schmoes butchered his genius with their karaoke attempts to mimic the master.

3.)  iTunes.  When my library migrated from my PC to my macbook, my playlists were lost.  Now I have to recreate all of my playlists which, with 11,000 songs, is a drawn-out and tedious task even for my organization-loving soul.

4.) Picture library.  I learned about the many ways that my mac will allow me to organize my photos in the class I took at the Apple store last weekend.  Now I have to add keywords to all of the pictures in my iPhoto library.  Not sure how many there are but "a shitload" should cover it.

5.)  My goddamn period.  Why was it 5 days early?  Why is it *different* than usual?  Am I having another miscarriage?  Are my lady parts irreparably damaged?  I've been alternating between tears and fury since Sunday morning.  Both suck.  I should be waddling into the 3rd trimester right now.

6.)  Laptop bag.  I have to find the perfect bag for my new notebook.  Some people spend less time deciding what to name their children than I have on bag shopping.  It's pathetic.

No comments: