Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pity party of one, your table is now available.

This may make me sound like a Republican but I don't care:  I am so sick of crack whores, teenagers and poor people getting pregnant with babies that they cannot afford financially, emotionally or otherwise.

Perhaps I'm not a Mensa member and I have no special talents per se but there is one thing I'm good at and that is being someone's Mom.  It's not my job; it's my vocation.  I do it full-time and I'm not just referring to daycare.  So why are the dregs of humanity procreating on the nation's dime while loving, stable, fiscally responsible folks like Tom and I sit here wondering what happened to our once legendary fertility?

Another child could never erase the pain of a lost pregnancy.  Of course I'm not stupid enough to think it could but still...all of the friends I have who miscarried got pregnant again immediately and while they worried so much about losing the new baby and never forgot their lost angel, being pregnant seemed to help them move forward from the darkness.  I desperately need that so I'm asking:  where the hell is my replacement baby???  I can't talk about this IRL b/c apparently my miscarriage is so last year but I just can't get that baby off my mind.  He/she may have been doomed from the first moment but for 10 glorious weeks, my hopes grew along with that tiny little body and I can't figure out how to fill the emptiness left behind.

3 comments:

Jenny B said...

I'm sorry Christy. You have every right to morn the pregnancy and baby for as long as you live. Enjoy the littles and try to relax - you will get pregnant again.

Nikki said...

Christy, you have every single right in the world to think of that baby. I miscarried 10 years ago, and I still think of that baby often. Granted, I was only 8 weeks, but I still knew it would be a boy and I knew his name would be Mike and even though the dad was a loser, I would love him forever. You will get pregnant again, and you will have another glorious, beautiful child to write about and take pictures of. Love you!

Jamie said...

Aww, Christy, you have every right to grieve that child. And you can always talk to me about it. I will never think it's so last year. I know you and Tom are awesome parents and I hope a new baby is in your very near future.