Long story short, the police are involved and the boy is going to be arrested tomorrow even though the initial officer thought he deserved a second chance. According to the (equally culpable, in my opinion) classmates, he is a member of a Cambodian gang and is completely crazy. They said that he was scheduled to move to rat poison in her mug next week, planned to plant drugs in her bag on the class trip so she'd get arrested when her bag was searched and had a gun on him on more than one occasion. But he deserves a second chance, right? The principal expelled him but is getting him enrolled in another parochial school and will give him a diploma from her school. Seriously? Where is the punishment in that??? Oh, yeah, he has a sixth grade sister who is getting expelled as well. Apparently she has been threatening the eighth grade with gang retaliation since the story broke this week. Sunday dinner at their house must be a lovely experience.
I am so sick over the whole mess. My aunt has given 43 years of her life to the catholic educational system for very little financial compensation and this is how she is repaid? How can the parents of her students live with themselves? A meeting was held at the school tonight to tell the parents that the class trip was cancelled. Some were irate. Others said it was time to move on b/c this is "such a precious time" for their little darlings as they get ready to graduate. Yeah, it's the pinnacle of their lives b/c after this they will go on to teenage pregnancies, doing drugs in alleyways and petty crime. Move on...she has had 3 days to adjust to the fact that someone was slowly killing her. Fucking piece of shit parents. This is why the world is the way it is -- people only care about themselves and teach their children that it's perfectly acceptable to feel that way.
I've always thought homeschooling was for weirdos but right now, it seems like the only rational option.
1 comment:
That's f-ing insane!!! I don't even know what to say...I hope your aunt is recuperating, although, I'm not sure that anyone could truly recover from such a devastating experience. Unbelievable...I just can't believe these things are happening in schools...it's so scary! I hope things turn out ok for your Aunt...she should certainly consider pressing charges...against the kid as well as some adults within the school for conspiring to cover it up. Jill
Post a Comment