Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tie Those Effers. Tie 'Em Twice for Good Measure.

Not sure if I mentioned it but I'm totally getting my tubes tied when I'm opened up for the section.  At first, I was wishy-washy about it, worried because friends have said the procedure intensified their cramps and threw off their cycles.  I also worried that I'd end up depressed over the finality of it and long for another baby in a few years.  While I'm sure I won't be immune to baby lust as my little ones grow into big ones, I am now 100% confident in the decision to close the book on our reproductive years.  Every bump in the road of this pregnancy just reaffirms that a tubal ligation is the right choice and Tom is totally on board with it, happy to be the father of three and not-so-secretly thrilled to keep his man parts intact.  If my insurance won't cover it, I'll still find a way to make it happen.  At my age and with my history, another pregnancy could mean the end of my sanity if not my good health.  It's a shame because I really love being pregnant.  I should say my spirit loves being pregnant; my body, on the other hand, hates it like the devil hates holy water.

1 comment:

Gween said...

Good for you Christy. I know that can't be an easy decision to make but you are doing what is right for you and your family.
Props to ya sista!