C - contrition
T - thanksgiving
S - supplication
I knew there was an acronym for the types of prayer and I knew it would come to me eventually, earnest child of the Church that I was back then. Why it came to me while I was vacuuming the family room, I cannot tell you. Maybe it was the voices in my head telling me to pray rather than plot the murders of my crumb-dropping, toy-leaving, juice-spilling, mess-making husband and children. Will someone please tell them that I'm not the maid? Apparently I'm not speaking their language because I say it all the time and yet they continue to treat me as such. It has to be that they don't understand what I'm saying because otherwise it means they have no respect for me and that just cannot be.
Don't be alarmed if you hear faint screaming. That is just Jack coming home from school and finding his army men on top of the refrigerator. Those would be the same army men that I asked him not to bring downstairs because I knew I'd be vacuuming. The same army men that I found all over the family room floor when I got home from dropping him off at school. Actions have consequences and my son is about to get a reminder of that although really, I'll be the one punished since I'll be the one listening to the whining and complaining. Awesome.
2 comments:
You mean that happens in your house too? I thought it was just here :) Have Jack call my girls who will be in the same boat with their princess dolls when they get home from school - they can comiserate.
I think it's universal. I was complaining to my college roommate about the whole thing this morning and she said she feels the same way. We all have great husbands and wonderful children aside from their unwavering belief that Mom = Maid.
I hope the girls don't drive you too crazy for their princesses! Jack took it better than expected. I fear he is so lazy that he'd rather do without all of his toys than clean up. :-(
Post a Comment