Thank all things good and holy that Sheemee and I are in the clear. I cheated and did a tiny bit of research on GD and it looks like the disease would have impacted her more than me which is what had me really worried. Hurt me, not my kids! Speaking of hurting me, I am so relieved that I won't have to do the finger pricks to check my insulin considering that I barely survived the finger prick blood test for the first trimester screening over the summer. So, I will cut out my daily can of caffeine-free Coke, saving it for special occasions, and not go Christmas Cookie crazy but otherwise, I won't have to make too many drastic changes. Gnocchi for everyone!!!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Pass the Fudge!
Well, no, actually don't because I'd swallow the box whole but if I have a bite or two, no big deal. I don't have gestational diabetes! The nurse called me back a few minutes ago and said that my fasting number was slightly elevated but everything else was fine so I definitely don't have GD. She recommended watching my concentrated sweets and carbs but isn't that true for all of us? I don't understand the whole "elevated fasting number" thing but I didn't ask for an explanation since I rarely understand Tammy's explanations anyway. I have a call in to my go-to gal, Nurse Kerry -- dear friend, fellow worrier, former drinking buddy and veritable font of OB/GYN information. Between Kerry and my appointment with Dr. McC next Tuesday, I'll have a firm understanding of my results soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment