Thursday, December 4, 2008

That Time of Year Again

We're between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays which is when the germs seem to strike one and all with a vengeance.  Friends from coast to coast have said their babies, big and little, are suffering with drippy noses, hacking coughs, red eyes and achiness.  The Madam is the first casualty in our house with Big Brother soon to follow, no doubt.  Considering that this is her first year in preschool, I really can't complain because she has been amazingly healthy (which makes me sneer smugly at those who say it's "good" for babies to get sick when they are small or they'll be hammered when they start school.  Yeah, whatever.  I'll take a sick 3 year old over a sick 3 month old any day of the week.)

Normally I'd never let Natalie nap this late in the day for fear she'd be partying like a rock star tonight but she is so worn out from coughing that I'm going to let her rest for now.  Her skin is like perfect porcelain, isn't it?  Feel better soon, my lovey.

2 comments:

Jenny B said...

Bless her little snotty nose! She's precious. I hope she feels better soon.

Abbe has a nose full of yucky stuff now and has for weeks. Poor kids.

Sharon said...

She looks like an angel. Get better soon, Nattie.